Company: Matrix Service, Inc
Posted on: January 5, 2019
An Estimator I is responsible for developing project cost estimates for a limited number of trades, this will require a knowledge of the work being performed and the ability to do quantity take-offs from the available documents and enter those into a standardized database. The estimate will need to be organized to meet the companies and clients expected structure. This is expected to be an entry into estimating for a person who is already familiar with the work in the field.
* Follow the standard of ethics and integrity that are laid down in company policy and ensure that company information and information entrusted to us by our clients is kept with the appropriate level of confidentiality.
* Able to takeoff elements of the work accurately and assign them to the appropriate items in the database, must have a strong attention to detail
* Solicit subcontract and vendor pricing.
* Be familiar with construction work and terminology.
* Organize the estimate in a manner required to meet the needs of the project.
* Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
* Perform other duties as required or assigned.
* 2+ years of appropriate experience (such as a pipe Forman or similar) with a 2 yrs. of college in a related field or 4+ years of field experience.
* Have the ability to visualize the finished product from the drawings and other documents provided.
* Good basic mathematical comprehension.
* Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Be a self-motivated enthusiastic team player willing to work with others and adopt new ideas and methods.
* Good computer skills including an operating knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Sage estimating, project scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera) will be an advantage, but the expectation is that we will provide training to use these programs.
This position may require occasional travel and extended workdays
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Matrix Service, Inc, Orange , Estimator I, Professions , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!