Maintenance Supervisor - Extra Help
Company: Orange County Transportation Authority
Posted on: July 13, 2019
About OCTA:The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) is the
county's primary transportation agency. OCTA creates, funds, and
delivers efficient transportation for Orange County. We keep Orange
County moving with extensive bus and paratransit service, Metrolink
commuter rail service, the 91 Express Lanes Toll Road, motorist
services and freeway, street and road improvement projects. OCTA
began in in 1991 with the consolidation of seven separate
transportation agencies. OCTA is dedicated to its organizational
mission and core values. OCTA's mission is to develop and deliver
transportation solutions to enhance quality of life and keep Orange
County moving. OCTA's core values consist of integrity, teamwork,
communication, customer focus, and can-do spirit. Overview: Under
general direction, supervises maintenance employees in the repair,
maintenance, cleaning, servicing, and/or revenue transferring for
the agency's fleet of buses and other vehicles. This position is
not eligible for employee benefits. The work schedule will consist
of approximately 20 hours a week, not to exceed 1,000 hours within
a continuous 12 month period. This is a non-exempt position in
Salary Grade R: Min $35.98 – Mid $45 – Max $53.32 per year. The
starting salary will be within this range based on qualifications.
The application deadline for this position is Monday, July 15,
2019. Eligibility list may be established up to 6 months from the
posting date.This list is intended to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by employees within this classification
and is not designed to be interpreted as an exhaustive listing of
all tasks required of employees assigned to this job.
- Supervises, plans, and schedules daily activities of the
mechanics and service workers, and other staff. Daily activities
include preventive maintenance, bus repairs, revenue control,
fueling, fluid level checks, interior/exterior cleaning, bus wash,
special projects and to ensure all revenue equipment is available
for morning and evening pullouts.
- Communicates with assigned employees regarding rules, policies,
service bulletins, warning notices, safety regulations, and labor
- Monitors the department's attendance policy. Counsels and
disciplines employees as needed. Reviews and discusses employee
performance prior to general bid.
- Prepares, reconciles, and processes a variety of maintenance
reports, logs, work orders, exception reports, and bulletins, such
as computerized record of repair history, lot maps for vehicles,
log of buses scheduled off property, and defect cards.
- Performs quality control inspections, identifies corrective
action, and reports findings to Base Manager.
- Assists in recruitment, selection, and evaluation of employees.
Supervises and trains assigned employees, conducting new employee
training and providing periodic refresher training and
- Resolves discrepancies or violations to ensure a hazard-free
environment and a positive working atmosphere. Enforces safety
- Monitors service island, ensuring equipment is working
properly. Utilizes basic technical approach to overcome smaller
equipment malfunctions. Maintains working relationship with
facility maintenance personnel.
- Develops productivity and lifecycle analysis reports.Any
combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school
diploma with a minimum of eight years automotive engineering or
similar experience, or a bachelor's degree in automotive
engineering, business management, or related field with a minimum
of four years automotive engineering or similar experience. Prefer
five years of previous lead or supervisory experience. Special
Qualifications: Commercial driver's license desired. Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of administration, supervision, and
- Agency safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Vehicle maintenance and cleaning techniques.
- Test equipment, such as dynamometers, generators, electric
- Basic functioning of the service island CNG, diesel, and
unleaded fuel pumps and dispensaries. Ability to:
- Train and supervise others.
- Analyze situations and adopt a course of action.
- Plan and organize work; meet schedules and timelines.
- Maintain availability/flexibility to work on-call
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Develop department standards. Working Conditions/ Physical
Activities (The physical demands described are representative of
those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. OCTA provides reasonable
accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.) Positions in this class typically
- Work may be performed in a stressful, fast-paced office
environment, depending upon assignment.
- Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to
- Positions in this class typically require: Climbing, Balancing,
Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Reaching, Standing, Walking,
Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking,
Hearing, Seeing, and Repetitive Motions in computer use. Special
Conditions: May work any shift and any days of the week including
weekends. Work involves inspection in areas where heavy equipment
is in operation and where fumes from buses and other vehicles are
present. Some climbing and lifting is required for inspection of
completed assignments. Hazardous Conditions: Positions in this
class may also include these factors:
- Hazardous physical conditions/materials.
- Atmospheric conditions.
- Intense noise.
- Environmental conditions. Compensation and Benefits: OCTA
offers an attractive compensation and benefits package. The
specific features of this package include: medical, dental and
vision insurance; retirement; vacation and holiday pay; life
insurance; deferred compensation plan; short-term and long-term
disability plans; flexible spending accounts; educational
reimbursement; ergonomic/wellness programs; flex-time schedule.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications. OCTA is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Orange County Transportation Authority, Orange , Maintenance Supervisor - Extra Help, Professions , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!