Pre Sales Applications Engineer
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Company Overview: The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading
provider of security and automation solutions in the United States
and Canada for homes and businesses, people on-the-go and their
network. Making security more accessible than ever before, and
backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and
live answer within seconds in customer operations, helping
customers feel more safe and empowered. ADT is headquartered in
Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 17,500 people
throughout North America. More information is available at .
Position Summary: Sales Engineers are the primary technical
resource for the field sales force. Sales Engineers are responsible
for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage
of the sales process, working in conjunction with the Sales and
Operations teams as the key technical advisor. The Sales Engineer
must be able to articulate technology and product positioning. Must
be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout
the sales cycle with Sales and Operations. Commercial Sales System
Engineer is responsible for the design of ADT Fire Alarm, Intrusion
Security, CCTV, and Card Access Systems in accordance with Sales
and Operations protocols. Receives project specifications from
Sales Representative and designs system blueprint. Chooses the
appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the
most cost effective solution. Prepares all required submittals so
that the subsequent hand-off to operations transitions efficiently.
Acts as a technical resource to Sales and Operations team members.
Participates in sales and operations meetings to evaluate accuracy
of the sales estimate and job layout as required. May participate
in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building
management as requested. Job Responsibilities:
- Supports field sales organization in the designing of ADT Fire
Alarm, Intrusion Security, CCTV, and Card Access Systems and may
need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer
- Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including
all pertinent job related information. May perform some field
activities as required.
- Designs building fire/ security systems for large and/or
complex buildings consisting of electrical system layouts,
electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations
matrix, risers, panel layouts to meet the intent of the project
plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Designs small, medium and large complex building fire alarm and
security architecture to support operator workstations, field
panels. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and
codes to determine project requirements and risks. Generates
specific records for all projects.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to Sales and
Operations for use in NFPA UL certification.
- Ensure the proper estimation of all job costs.
- Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with
appropriate sales and Operations management to assure understanding
of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Organizes system layout by design and prepares any necessary
documents that maybe required including drawings need for
- Prepares specifications and drawings for specific job related
components. Selects proper types, sizes, quantities of products to
meet project requirements.
- Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change
orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor. Oversees
the creation of system graphics. Qualifications - External
- Associates degree in Electronics or other technical field or
- NICET Fire Alarm Certification preferred. Must have previous
experience in commercial security systems design. Experience:
- 3-5 years engineering /systems or other related experience.
Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business
operations required. Proficiency in programming, job start-up,
checkout, and troubleshooting required. Skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, word processing, spreadsheet,
project management, and AutoCAD required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Fully proficient and independent design skills.
- Able to design medium to large jobs with deviation from
standard tools, products or practices as needed.
- Understands process of construction projects and the
requirements to document all changes or deviations to
specifications. ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse
and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and
environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve
our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we
have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel
included and recognized. Visit us online at to learn more.
Keywords: ADT, Orange , Pre Sales Applications Engineer, Sales , Orange, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!